http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RmneMDZlWQ
This video shows Rep Peter King criticizing the media for giving Michael Jackson so much media attention. He claims that their are real heroes that should be celebrated for their everyday efforts in risking their life for our country and educating youth. He struck a big nerve when he called Michael Jackson a pervert, peodophile and child molester and that our country's morals and valuess are skewed because we are celebrating the King of Pop. I will be the first to admit that Peter King does not represent my views on nearly anything, his opposition to President Obama speaking at Notre Dame, his comparision of the violence in Baghdad to Manhattan and his overall conservative views, but he did have me when he said no one would leave their children or grandchildren with Michael Jackson. We all know that MJ wasn't convicted of anything, but the charges, the million dollar settlement and questionable activity has always made us supicious, to say the least. We often act as if celebrities are infallable and that we can attest to their character personally, but quite frankly, we cannot. On the eve of Michael Jackson memorial service it is not my goal to take away from his talents or humantarian efforts, but to make us question.... what are our values as a society? Peter King down played Michael Jackson and the musical genius that he was, as well as his humantarian efforts, but he did make a valid point. What about the military men and women fighting oversees? What about our policemen, firemen and teachers? What about all the other unsong heroes that we oftentimes forget about.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I know this is off-topic but please listen. I am getting hurt pretty bad and I am asking for you help. There is a very dangerous culture out there that is persecuting me because I disagree with some things that it has done. Currently I am being spied on tortured, poisoned (my heart isn't doing so good)... Please read my story and if there is anything you can do I'd sincerely appreciate your help. http://www.urltrim.co.cc/885/
ReplyDelete